Skip to main content

My Labor and Delivery with Treyson ♥

Out of all three of my pregnancies I have to say 
Treyson's was the most difficult for me. 
From having three consecutive pregnancies 
my pelvis, tailbone and hips hurt so bad
starting as early as the second trimester. 

I was always on the edge because
unlike my prior pregnancies I was
constantly having minor bleeding
and losing my mucous plug. 

With my first two pregnancies I didn't
experience any of that until a week 
or two before going into labor. 

It all began at 35 weeks when I dropped the
kids off at Matt's parents and headed to the hospital
with slightly painful but consistent contractions. 
After an hour of being monitored I was told to 
go home drink lots of water and try to rest. 
My midwife knew that was easier said than done with two under two. 
Cervix was soft and dilated 1cm.
Contractions every 4 minutes 

After trying to take it easy for a week but
still consistently losing bloody mucous I ended
up back at the hospital once again.
I blame Matt's gumbo that I jokingly told him 
to make it spicy to jump start my labor. 
He claims he didn't make it spicy but either way
a few bites in and I was running upstairs trying
to pinch a penny between my butt cheeks 
If you get what I am saying. 

After completely emptying my system and 
having slightly stronger contractions I decided
it was time to go to the hospital to be checked again.
I told Matt to stay home while the babies slept 
and at 11pm I drove myself to the hospital.
Lets be honest I was too anxious/nervous to sleep. 
And may I add the hospital is 3 miles down the road. 

The Verdict  
50% effaced
4cm dilated
cringe worthy contractions
every 4-5 minutes.
Sac of water bulging between
the babies head and my cervix. 

After an hour of no progression I got sent home.
There went my dream for his birthday to be 5-5-15 to match Elena's 4-4-14
So many people seemed shocked since I 
was already 4cm dilated but technically
I was still in "premature" labor meaning
they couldn't intervene or even recommend 
anything besides rest and drink fluids. 

I got home a little after midnight and finally
fell asleep around 1am just to wake up at
4:30 am with painful contractions. 
I found this so funny because I woke up at 4am in labor with Elena.
I slid in the bath where I stayed for a few hours
timing my contractions and trying to plan
what we were doing with the kids and 
how my mother was going to make it over.
She didn't own a vehicle at the time and was at work.

Drop the kids off at Matts parents
Be at the hospital by 7:30 am to get checked
Let my mom know so she could make her own game plan.

5cm dilated
painful contractions 4-6 minutes
no progress from 8am-2pm
so they sent me home. 

My mom ended up taking a half day at work
and getting a ride to the hospital with my Aunt.
I felt horrible that after taking off work and driving 
an hour I wasn't going to have the baby and 
I feared that she would end up missing the birth.
Lets face it, without my mom during labor 
I would be a mess!

Matt gave my mom the keys to his truck for her
to drive home that way she could rush back if needed. 
But she stuck around and rode with us to go 
pick up the kids from Matts parents house.
I could hardly walk without having to stop every
few seconds with a horrible contraction.
I remember being horrified at the thought of
being in that amount of pain for days.
On the car ride over I would fall asleep then 
wake up every painful contraction. 
I just kept telling myself to be strong
because it was only going to get worse.

By the time we got to his parents I was
bent over laying on the kitchen counter 
every contraction unable to talk through them.
We packed the kids into the car and back home we went.
The ride home was just as horrifying and 
I almost begged Matt to carry me inside
so I wouldn't get a contraction every step.

Right into the bathtub I went 
where I stayed for hours.
Even Brayden joined me at one point.
My contractions were still 4-6 minutes apart
but so painful that I had to breath and
 massage my back to get through them.
I just kept reminding myself that 
it was only going to get worse that I had to be strong. 

When I finally came down stairs I sat on my
birth ball and rolled my hips back and forth
while massaging my back during the contractions.

I laid down on the couch because I was in
so much pain and Matt the clean couch nazi
asked if I was going to ruin the couch 
if my water broke - lmao. 
Here I am in horrible pain and he's 
worried about the damn couch! 
Don't worry about me ill just go lay down 
on the kitchen floor so I don't ruin anything.

At this point I texted my midwife and told her
that I was in so much pain but my
contractions were still only 4 minutes apart. 
She gave me the option to go back into the
hospital to be checked and Matt looked at me
like I was nuts for wanting to go back after 
spending 6 hours there in the past 2 days.

I told him to stay home with the kids while
my mom drove me to the hospital to be checked.

8 cm dilated 
Baby was in position ready to go

Wait for Matt to get to the hospital
Break my water 

Minor set back...
If you remember my mom had the key to
Matt's truck and his spare key was on
my key set that I had at the hospital.
We had no one lined up to watch the 
babies and I had their carseats 
in my car at the hospital. 

Matt said he was about to throw 
the kids in their double stroller and
run all the way to the hospital! 
I would of laughed if I wasn't about to 
push a baby out my fine china. 

His older brother ended up coming to the
rescue and not only sitting at the house while
the kids slept but also letting Matt borrow his car. 

Matt walks in at 9pm as they are breaking 
my water and announcing that I am 9 cm dilated. 
My whole body was numb and tingling
Our bodies have an amazing way of naturally dealing with pain.
After 35 minutes of intense 
100% natural labor
24 hours of contractions 
4 good pushes 
no tears or lacerations
Treyson Michael Scott Morris 
entered the world officially. 
36 weeks gestation. 
9:35pm weighing 6lbs 11 ounces
and 19 inches long. 
Bigger then his big sister was at 38 weeks.
Couldn't of asked for a more perfect little 
man to welcome into our family.



  1. He is just adorable, congratulations! It IS a good thing you went to the hospital that last time, haha :)

  2. You are a strong mommy. I am expecting my 1st baby girl in sept end or oct start. Finger crossed. Hope everything will go fine.

  3. Feeling like this is how my labor is gonna turn out. I am only 34 weeks. Was in the hospital all day yesterday. Contractions had me dilated a 2. They sent me how until contractions get worse. Hope baby is healthy when he finally does come.

  4. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder.
    Solarrio - Hopeless (Official Video)

  5. Great job....You have beautifully presented your thought in this blog post. I admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
    When We Were Young Song


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Hair Color-a-Holic

When sitting and deeply thinking about something harmful that I am addicted to it took awhile for me to come to terms with the ONE and only addiction that I have. 
Coloring & Bleaching my hair.
I have never:  smoked tried any drugs rarely drank alcohol chewed tobacco eat lots of junk food or even drank caffeinated drinks.
I am fairly borderline boring besides the fact that  I am ADDICTED TO CHANGING MY HAIR. Here is my story and eye opener:
I started coloring my hair when I was 15 year old.  For the longest time I was a tom boy and had naturally long dirty blond hair.  The first color I ever did was burgundy underneath and low lights up top. After that it was a spiral of different colors. 
Strawberry blonde, dark brown, blonde with red low lights, platinum blonde, chestnut brown it never ended. Along with all the colors I also had issues with ever growing my hair out again  because I was constantly ruining my hair with chemicals.
I started wearing my first set of clip in extensions when I wa…

Chicken Pox after Vaccine

The run around due to Breakthrough Varicella
On October 30th 2014 my son got his Chickenpox Vaccine. 

November 24th  I noticed a few bumps on his stomach when he woke up and called his pediatrician for an appointment right away. The doctor said that they were bug bites.  When I asked about the chicken pox vaccine she assured me that the rash had nothing to do with the vaccine. I picked up calamine lotion and carpet insect killer.  Went home and stripped his bedding, bleached his crib rails and mattress,  sprayed his carpet with the insect killer and even got rid of our dog. The bumps dried up but as soon as they did...
December 2nd Brayden was once covered in bumps.  They were mostly on his back/neck and stomach. I freaked out thinking that it was a bug again even though he sleeps in footie pjs. Once again I sprayed the carpets, stripped his bedding and bleached his mattress. I searched HIGH and LOW looking for any bug(s) or even a spider web. The bumps dried up and went away but not for long. 
By Dec…

An honest blog about Honest Diapers ❤ PART ONE

Before I get into the benefits of Honest Diapers I wanted to first share my story on the struggles I dealt with that lead me to Honest. 
My first born, Brayden, always struggled with diaper rash from name brand diapers.  When he was first born we used Huggies.  I noticed that I would have to CAKE on ointment just to keep the rash away when he didn't even had diarrhea or a soiled diaper. 
We then switched to LUVS. Within a week his rash was even worse and peeling.  I once again headed to the store to look and buy new diapers.
All these store named diapers that you always hear and every box is saying how amazing their brand is but even Pampers didn't help his poor butt. I was spending tons of money on diapers and diaper rash cream too! 
I then switched to Huggies Naturals. He still got a rash and our problems were far from gone.  Brayden came down with a virus that consisted of unending diarrhea.  Mixing diarrhea with an already sore bottom was not a good mix.  I took my poor b…